As many other free software developers I only made this program because I needed it and thought
that the other programs trying to do the same thing failed or were to messy to work or had to heavy
dependencies. But perhaps you will like them better than I did. I'm fine with rejoystick, it does what
I want and doesn't get in the way. Anyways, here are some other programs that could help you if you
think rejoystick fails
- jojsticken - A rewrite of rejoystick using java and sdljava. Use this!
- qjoypad - A gui based qt-program that does what Rejoystick does and more. The dependency issue with qt could be a problem (at the time I tested it couldn't compile on ubuntu because a qt package was broken)
- xjoypad - A console app. Worked out of the box for me but was buggy. Won't work with analog axes either. Though it's small and easy to understand so if you want to hack away on a "gamepad translator program" this is probably it.
- kbstick/qstick - A small program that (I think) does what Rejoystick does but I thought it was messy to configure. However, the website encourage you not to use it.
- joyd - Well another program but messy to configure
- joy2key - Hmmm, forgot about it but a nice name.
- js2mouse - Control your mouse with your joystick.
Don't know why in Gods name you would want to do that but anyways...
- emelfm - A file manager that is really easy to tinker with.
Great to use with rejoystick (I do). My tip is to use bigger fonts and only one panel.